Cory surpassed expectation in his work for this year’s AIDS Candlelight Vigil. We were thrilled that all major media outlets covered our event. This would not have been possible without Embrace Disruption.
$253,580 in media value
30 Press Hits
The AIDS Candlelight Vigil is an open community event held annually at the AIDS Memorial to remember, honour and celebrate the people who have died of AIDS or AIDS related illnesses, or who have given their lives in the fight against HIV/AIDS. Every year, thousands of candles are lighted to honour and remember those who have died, and to encourage and support the tens of thousands of others who live with this disease every day.
The Vigil embraces diversity, accepting and respecting people of all cultures, faiths, traditions and communities. The Vigil welcomes all people who have been infected or affected by HIV/AIDS and embraces anyone who has experienced a loss or losses due to HIV/AIDS.
- Establish Toronto AIDS Candlelight Vigil as an important and valuable annual PRIDE event within media.
- Increase brand awareness of the Toronto AIDS Candlelight Vigil in the Canadian lifestyle, news, health and LGBT markets.
- Generate as many brand mentions, interviews and stories as possible for Toronto AIDS Candlelight Vigil’s event on national, provincial, municipal and regional levels.
EDPR applied a number of PR strategies over a three month term with The 519 and the Toronto AIDS Candlelight Vigil including:
- Media outreach and education
- Pre, day-of and post event story pitching
- Notable and celebrity outreach
- On-site PR event management
EDPR secured 30 stories for the Toronto AIDS Candlelight Vigil over the course of three months. Some highlight results include:
- Over 1400% increase in media attendance compared to the previous year’s event (2016).
- Participation by all top-tier news stations: CP24, CityNews, CTV, CBC, Global.
- Television exposure of over eight million viewers.
- Value of over $235,000 in media impressions.