EDPR has proven to be a very valuable part of the Urbery team. Their hands-on and attentive approach to PR not only secured us in many prominent media outlets, they also contributed to a growth of 80% in customer acquisition during our slowest season of the year. I would not hesitate to recommend Embrace Disruption PR for any of your public relations needs.
80% Customer Acquisition Increase During PR Term
Winner of Canadian Grocer Magazine’s Generation Next Award
Urbery is a same-day grocery and alcohol delivery service available on mobile and web that enables customers to get groceries delivered from their favourite store to their doorstep in two hours. Urbery has over 10,000 grocery and alcohol products that customers can choose from or can create their own customized list.
At the heart of Urbery’s operations are Grocery Gurus, a hand-picked group of personal grocery shoppers, who shop for each customer’s order and deliver it to their doorstep. Urbery also works with leading retailers and CPG companies to develop customized marketing campaigns, delivering valuable consumer purchasing insights and promotional support.
- Establish Urbery as the easiest, most personable, accessible and convenient way to order groceries and alcohol in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Increase brand awareness of Urbery in the Canadian lifestyle, news, business and technology markets.
- Generate as many brand mentions, interviews and stories as possible for Urbery on national, provincial, municipal, local and regional levels.
- Host an experiential campaign within the downtown Toronto core.
EDPR applied a number of PR strategies over a three month term with Urbery including:
- Media outreach
- Integration with local charity initiatives
- Award submissions
- Influencer outreach
- A brand ambassador program
- Sampling program/Activation
EDPR secured 38 stories for Urbery over the course of three months. Some highlight results include:
- An 80% increase in Urbery’s customer acquisition
- A partnership with Big Brothers and Big Sisters Canada
- B2B and B2C coverage on Global, Strategy Magazine, Canadian Grocer, Globe and Mail and many more.
- A successful activation at Trinity Bellwoods park, resulting in over 1000 downloads of the Urbery app.
- A brand ambassador partnership with a health and fitness expert, used in media engagements and promotion.
- Awarded the Generation Next Award from Canadian Grocer Magazine for innovation in the grocery space.