Client News: Indulge in Toronto’s Finest Local Cuisine at the Second Annual Front Street Foods Pop-Up Market at Adelaide Place on Weekdays June 13 – August 5
Toronto’s most popular food destination returns to the city in a new home at Adelaide Place
TORONTO, ON (June 2, 2016) – This summer, thousands will flock to the second annual Front Street Foods (FSF) at Adelaide Place (150 York Street — at the corners of both Adelaide/University Avenue and Adelaide/York), to tantalize their tastebuds with dishes and delicacies designed by 20 local chefs, restaurants and food entrepreneurs. From sweet and savoury, to lush and succulent, this carefully curated culinary market, presented by Toronto Market Company (TMCo.) and Dream Office REIT, will be open for the public to enjoy weekdays on June 13, 2016 to August 5, 2016 from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. (with breakfast vendors opening early at 8 a.m.).
“Toronto is rich with culture, and our local cuisine is no exception,” says Melissa Zuker, co-founder of TMCo. “With the success of last year’s Front Street Foods, we’re excited to allow visitors the chance to discover new flavours from the best small businesses, entrepreneurs and vendors in our new home at Adelaide Place. We are very happy to be working with Dream to provide an unprecedented tenant amenity.” Madeleine Nicholls of Dream adds, “We have a wonderful and unique space in the heart of the city and it will be great to see it come alive in the summer months offering our tenants and neighbours another reason to celebrate summer in Toronto.”
Last year, Front Street Foods (which started on Front Street at Union Station) quickly became a must-visit attraction in Toronto, drawing huge crowds to covet local cuisine throughout the summer months. This year, conveniently located on the 2nd floor terrace accessible directly from the street by an outdoor staircase at Adelaide Place (at the corner of York and Adelaide and also accessible from University and Adelaide), FSF will be an oasis in the city featuring pop-up vendors crafting their dishes on-site, along with craft beers and specialty drinks for attendee’s immediate indulgence. Whether looking for a delectable daytime snack, or a satisfying lunch solution, or an after work bite the market will feature temptations for any palate.
Some of this year’s vendors are:
- Brock Sandwich — From their mouth watering prosciutto sandwich to their spicy pork schnitzel, Brock Sandwich serves up what they describe as “super delicious tasty goodness for your mouth”.
- Canadian Breakfast Bar by Bacon Nation – Serving up all day breakfast and brunch favourites including delectable breakfast sandwiches and a Canadian take on breakfast classics. Their specialties also make for a great lunch, supper or lupper.
- Chimney Stax Baking Co. — Devour crispy-on-the-outside, doughy-soft-on-the-inside, fresh-baked goodness, accompanied with a variety of toppings and dipping sauces.
- Fish’d by Edo — Try the original hand crafted sushi burritos and Hawaiian poke (pronounced POH-keh) bowl, featuring an array of inspired ingredients, along with their tummy satisfying poke bowls.
- Fred’s Bread — Bite into thick, crisp crusted and moist breads that taste of the grain they were crafted with. Enjoy their gourmet grilled cheese menu featuring local cheeses and specialty flavours baked on artisanal bread.
- Fresh — A variety of cold press juices, vegan salads, and breakfast jars with wholesome plant-based ingredients to help fuel you for the busy day ahead.
- Fresh off the Boat — Famous for their seafood sandwich. Fresh off the Boat will offer their take on a traditional lobster roll and crab fries – definitely the best in the city!
- Holy Chuck Burger — Devour fresh aged beef patties voted the best in the city
- HotBunzz — Gourmet buns (baked fresh daily) bursting with international flavours, HotBunzz features a variety of grab and go stuffed sandwiches with signature meats, vegetables and cheeses.
- La Fiesta — Authentic Ecuadorian cuisine including their wildly popular Paella con Mariscos.
- Little Fin – Known for their fish sandwiches, fish and chips and light delicious salad options.
- The Merchant Taps and Tavern – Craft beers and freshly shucked oysters. A match made in heaven!
- The Mighty Cob – Freshly roasted corn on the cob or in a cup in a variety of flavours
- Raclette Suisse — Taking comfort food to new heights, Raclette Suisse, launching at Front Street Foods, is a traditional dish normally found in the alps of Switzerland. Cheese lovers can enjoy bites of ecstasy as melted cheese gets scraped straight from the cheese wheel onto a variety of small dishes.
- Tacos 101 — Enjoy authentic handmade chips and guacamole, and mouth watering chicken carnitas spiced with the true flavours of Mexico.
- The Rolling Pin — A fresh-from-scratch donut bakery, offering up flavours like Banana Cream Pie, Maple Bacon, Nutella Bomb along with ice cream donut sandwiches.
- Toben by Design — Try fresh, local and innovative creations, crafted from flavours and regions across the globe by Toben Kochman, a Cordon Bleu School of Culinary Arts in Paris alumnae. Don’t miss his epic brisket sandwich!
- Railroad Coffee Co. — Sip on gourmet, locally roasted brews and find a new artisanal flavour to enhance your morning routine.
- Station Cold Brew Coffee — Enjoy an authentic, premium cold brew experience that will take your coffee drinking to new heights.
Visit www.frontstreetfoods.com for a full list of vendors and more information.
For more information, photos or to request an interview, please contact:
Cory Stewart, Embrace Disruption PR
c: 647.638.1586, o: 416.963.9857, e: email@example.com
About Toronto Market Co.:
Toronto Market Co.’s mission is to create vibrant pop-up markets in our city that showcase Toronto’s best and celebrate Toronto’s spirit. Successful events include Front Street Foods and the Waterfront Artisan Market. We love to create avenues for local designers, artisans, chefs, entrepreneurs, bakers and makers to showcase their goods and inspire others.
About Dream Office REIT (owners and managers of Adelaide Place):
Dream Office REIT is an unincorporated, open-ended real estate investment trust. Dream Office REIT is focused on owning, acquiring, leasing and managing well-located, high-quality central business district and suburban office properties. Its portfolio currently comprises approximately 23.3 million square feet of gross leasable area in major urban centres across Canada. Dream Office REIT’s portfolio is well diversified by geographic location and tenant mix. For more information, please visit www.dreamofficereit.ca.