Embrace Disruption PR is seeking a disruptive and passionate intern to assist with a variety of clients in the lifestyle, non-profit, technology and talent sectors.
Unpaid Internship (April 2014 – July 2014)
- Contribute to and maintain company blog.
- Maintain and engage on company’s social networks.
- Assist with writing press releases, media advisories and pitches.
- Copywriting and proof reading materials.
- Screening phone calls and all other communications.
- Assist with mail outs, printing and assorted other client requirements.
- Creating and updating media contact lists.
- Daily monitoring, reporting and analysis for internal and external purposes.
- Assist with collecting and scanning client media pieces.
- Identifying unique marketing and communications opportunities for clients and firm.
- Schedule and maintain client publicity calendars where needed.
- Ongoing research activities for clients and firm.
- Coordination of speaking engagements, photo shoots, and appearances.
- Assisting firm with various duties as needed.
- Strong writing skills are an absolute MUST.
- Knowledge of social platforms like Hootsuite and Tweet Deck.
- Passion for reading and consuming content daily.
- Comfortable communicating in public, over phone, and through email.
- Able to talk to complete strangers comfortably (even though your parents told you not to).
- Able to work proactively, and speak up when you have new or creative ideas.
- Comfortable working within WordPress, or a very fast learner.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- It goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway: you must be efficient in the full Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Knowledge of Final Cut and Keynote a bonus!
- Previous experience using monitoring and reporting tools like MRP and Cision is an asset, but not required.
- Non-conventional thinker, with a passion for trying new things.
- Dog friendly (don’t worry, he’s tiny and hypoallergenic)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- We’re in a central location (Yonge & Bloor – right off the subway)
- You’ll develop stronger research and writing skills.
- You’ll be challenged to think creatively.
- We’ll coach you through social media – and help you develop an enviable skill set.
- You’ll assist with pretty amazing events and work with a fantastic list of clients and talent.
- You’ll gain a better understanding of the many facets of public relations.
- You’ll walk out knowing how to piece together a variety of materials for use within the industry!
- Candidate should be available 3-4 days per week, totaling 20-25 hours a week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a sample of your writing and a resume to email@example.com. We’re not fans of traditional cover letter format, so write us like a normal human being and tell us why you’re the right fit for Embrace Disruption PR. Please no phone calls – rest assured, we will read your online application.