It’s hard to believe that it has already been 16 years since Google registered their domain name (as of Sept 16, 2013). Not only has the tech giant changed the way we search and advertise, but they’ve also made some impressive acquisitions (YouTube) and created some innovative products (Gmail and Android). Although there have been some missteps (ahem… Google Wave), the company remains a dominant force in the digital world.
Some interesting stats:
- There were 12.8 BILLION Google searches in June 2013.
- Google owned 66 .7% of the US search market in June 2013.
- There are 10 million Google Drive users, and 425 million Gmail accounts.
- 343 million people actively use Google+ (surprising, no?).
- 6 billion hours of videos are watched each month on YouTube
- 100 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube each minute.
Check out the infographic below from wishpond.