Adelaide Eats Food Market (formerly Front Street Foods) Returns for a Third Year in the Heart of the Financial District at Adelaide Place
Toronto’s most popular food destination boasts the city’s best chefs, restaurants, bakers, food entrepreneurs, and artisanal food makers
TORONTO, ON (May 18, 2017) – For a third consecutive year, Adelaide Eats (formerly Front Street Foods), will return to the second floor terrace of Adelaide Place (150 York Street — at the corners of both Adelaide/University Avenue and Adelaide/York), to tempt the tastebuds of thousands, with dishes and delicacies designed by Toronto’s best chefs, restaurants, bakers, food entrepreneurs, and artisanal food makers. With mouth-watering options sure to satisfy any palate, this year’s market, presented by Toronto Market Company (TMCo.) and Dream Office REIT, will be open for the public to enjoy weekdays beginning June 1, 2017 to July 28, 2017; Monday through Wednesday: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., and Thursday and Friday: 11 a.m. to 9 p.m..
“We are excited to bring another amazing food market to Torontonians this summer. We love working with chefs and food entrepreneurs, to share their unique flavours and passion for food in a welcoming environment,” says Melissa Zuker, co-founder of Toronto Market Company. “Adelaide Eats is a European-style open air, casual market where the city can join together to enjoy and discover food, craft beer and specialty drinks – right in the heart of the downtown core.”
Madeleine Nicholls of Dream Office REIT adds, “We are excited to partner with Toronto Market Company this summer as we share a passion for food-based cultural experiences in the city. We look forward to seeing the wonderful and unique space come alive again this June and July, offering our tenants and neighbours another reason to celebrate the summer in Toronto.”
New this year to Adelaide Eats, the market welcomes a “T.O.’s FINEST Dessert Bar” which will feature a rotation of the city’s most exciting dessert vendors over the market’s eight week run. Conveniently located on the second floor terrace accessible directly from the street by an outdoor staircase at Adelaide Place (at the corner of York and Adelaide and also accessible from University and Adelaide), Adelaide Eats provides access to the perfect daytime snack, a satisfying lunch solution, or a delicious after-work bite.
Some of this year’s vendors are:
- Cassia Northern Thai (June/July) — Authentic Northern Thai dishes; like hand-pounded curries and salads, made with thoughtfully sourced, premium ingredients from land and sea.
- District 28 (June/July) — Specializing in local comfort food, made to order, their Adelaide Eats menu will focus on healthy yet hearty bowls that can be enjoyed day after day.
- Fish’d by EDO (June/July) — Try Toronto’s original hand crafted sushi burritos and Hawaiian poke (pronounced POH-keh) bowl, featuring an array of inspired ingredients.
- Kaboom Chicken (July) — Combining Korean flavours with Western food practices to create amazing dishes like their crunchy Korean Fried Chicken.
- The Kathi Roll Express (July) — Presenting Indian-style wraps, Indian-fusion burrito’s, chaat appetizers & Kulfi ice cream desserts to satisfy both meat lovers and vegetarians.
- La Fiesta (June/July) — Authentic Ecuadorian cuisine including their wildly popular Paella con Mariscos.
- Little Fin (June/July) — Known for their fish and chips and light salad options.
- Mikey’s (June) — Delivering a Caribbean-focused menu with an emphasis on Jerk flavour.
- Momofuku Noodle Bar (June/July) — Specializing in amazing tasting, high-quality Asian foods with a focused menu of steamed buns and noodle dishes.
- Tacos 101 (June/July) — A variety of mouth watering tacos spiced with the true flavours of Mexico
- Toben Food by Design (June/July) — Try fresh, local and innovative creations, crafted from flavours and regions across the globe by Toben Kochman, a Cordon Bleu School of Culinary Arts in Paris alumnae.
- Wahlburgers (June/July) — High quality, simple, down home burgers with flavour that speaks for itself.
Visit http://www.adelaideeats.com for a full list of vendors and more information.
For more information, photos or to request an interview, please contact:
Cory Stewart, Embrace Disruption PR
c: 647.638.1586, o: 416.963.9857, e: email@example.com
About Toronto Market Co.:
Toronto Market Co.’s mission is to create vibrant pop-up markets in our city that showcase Toronto’s best and celebrate Toronto’s spirit. Successful events include Front Street Foods / Adelaide Eats, Farmers’ MRKT, Yorkville Village Summer MRKT, and Scotia Plaza Farmers’ Market. We love to create avenues for local designers, artisans, chefs, entrepreneurs, bakers and makers to showcase their goods and inspire others.
About Dream Office REIT (owners and managers of Adelaide Place):
Dream Office REIT is an unincorporated, open-ended real estate investment trust. Dream Office REIT is focused on owning, acquiring, leasing and managing well-located, high-quality central business district and suburban office properties. Its portfolio currently comprises approximately 23.3 million square feet of gross leasable area in major urban centres across Canada. Dream Office REIT’s portfolio is well diversified by geographic location and tenant mix. For more information, please visit www.dreamofficereit.ca.