Today, Toronto is celebrating 180 years of trailblazing originality. From first forming a government in 1834, Toronto has come a long way: developing into one of the most influential, multicultural and profitable cities in Canada. Today we celebrate the city we are proud to call home, by remembering what we love about T.O.
1. About half of Toronto’s population was born outside of Canada.
2. We are proud to have one of, if not the largest NHL hockey franchise.
3. There is tons to do and see; Toronto Island, CN Tower, Ripley’s Aquarium, Toronto Harbour Front etc.
4. You can literally try any kind of food here you want.
5. We are home to TIFF.
6. National Geographic ranks Toronto as one of the most civil cities in the world.
7. Toronto has some of the best theatre productions out there.
8. We have a strong LGBTQIA community (Toronto Pride Week attracts over 1 million attendees annually).
9. Toronto knows how to celebrate: Caribana, The CNE, Buskerfest, Jazz Festival.
10. Toronto consistently ranks near the top of most livable cities in North America.
Happy Birthday Toronto! We love you.