TORONTO, ON - As the summer days draw to a close, National Lazy Day (Wednesday, August 10, 2016) is one of the last chances for many to embrace their inner sloth and spend time relaxing in the seasonal heat. With the inevitable change of pace looming, Urbery, Toronto’s most personalized alcohol and grocery delivery service, has compiled a list of five dreaded tasks and paired them with online tools that will help Torontonians free up their time to enjoy the upcoming holiday.
- Walking the dog: As many pet owners know, most days start with a walk around the block with man’s best friend. GoFetch (available on iPhone) can be described as the Uber of dog walking, allowing users to hire nearby (pre-screened) dog walkers in increments of 15 minutes, 30 minutes or an hour at prices as low as $10.
- Getting groceries: From lifting to line ups, grocery store shopping can be a real pain — particularly for city dwellers without a car. Urbery (available on web, iPhone or Android) is the solution, offering customers the chance to order two hour delivery from many of their favourite grocery stores (Whole Foods, Loblaws and Sobeys), pharmacies (Shoppers Drug Mart and Rexall), and liquor stores (LCBO and Beer Store). Urbery also offers real-time tracking and interaction with personal shoppers (Grocery Gurus) to ensure all products are hand picked and delivered the way the customer wants, along with a 100% freshness guarantee.
- Getting ready: Any busy mother or working professional will agree that getting ready for an evening out or a special event can be a time consuming task. beGlammed (available on web, iPhone or Android) aims to make this process easier with on-demand hair and makeup artists that will come directly to your home or hotel room to prepare you for your special function. With women spending an average of 55 minutes a day on their appearance, this tool is a welcome time-saver on those extra-busy (or lazy) days.
- Cleaning the house: The lazy person’s dream is to never have to clean the house again. Handy (available on web, iPhone or Android) strives to make this dream a reality with their professional cleaners and handy-people who will clean the house, assemble ikea furniture, paint, and even help you move. This service requires next-day booking, so make sure to plan ahead for National Lazy Day!
- Doing the laundry: Washing, folding and taking items to the dry cleaner’s are a thing of the past with Simply Laundry (available on web). This service aims to streamline your life by picking up all of your dirty clothes from your front door or concierge, and returns them to you at the time of your choosing. With wash and fold plans starting at as low as $1.92 a pound, Simply Laundry is one of the most affordable ways to avoid the tedious chore of doing your laundry.
For more information, to republish, photos or interview requests, please contact:
Cory Stewart | Embrace Disruption PR
o: 416.963.9857, c: 647.638.1586 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Urbery is a same-day grocery and alcohol delivery service available on mobile and web that enables customers to get groceries delivered from their favourite store to their doorstep in two hours. Urbery has over 10,000 grocery and alcohol products that customers can choose from or can create their own customized list. At the heart of Urbery’s operations are Grocery Gurus, a hand-picked group of personal grocery shoppers, who shop for each customer’s order and deliver it to their doorstep.
Apple Download: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/urbery/id987609045?mt=8
Android Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.urbery