Here at EDPR, we push out a lot of email campaigns, and always appreciate freshening up on our skills. That’s why this particular INFOGRAPHIC stood out to us while surfing Pinterest earlier this week. Brought to you by Email Monks, here’s a few points they mentioned are of great importance:
- Envelope Design: matters most to the subscribers. Infographic shares best practices pertaining to the FROM NAME, TO FIELD and SUBJECT LINES. Subscribers decide to read or delete an Email within 3 seconds.
- Pre-Header and Header: Snippet Text should be well aligned with the subject line as few clients show preview text, pulled out from the first few lines of email content.
- Johnson Box top is ideally 400X300 Pixels, with the height of the header set at around 150 Pixel.
- Mobile Optimized Emails has to be restricted to single column template, using techniques like responsive and scalable coding standards as 42% of all email is now opened via mobile and 43% of mobile email users check email 4+ times per day.. Mobile emails should have tappable calls to action of minimum size 44 x 44 pixels and Mobile Email width of 320 to 480 Pixels.
- Images in the email: Images in the email: Images with an Alt text should be used as in case an email does not display correctly, 69.7% will delete it immediately. Try to avoid background images layered with text. Many of the email clients (Outlook, one of them) don’t support background images.
- Guidelines: Avoiding the use of Flash or Ajax functionality.