As PR pros, we’re often travelling around the country, staying at hotels near our client events or media engagements. Recently Hotels.com compiled their data to reveal some pretty interesting insights as to what people want most out of their hotel stays. The results weren’t all that surprising, and here’s why:
- Wi-Fi trumps all. Really now, could you imagine staying in a hotel that didn’t have internet access? That’s a nightmare waiting to happen.
- Guests want a high end coffee machine in the room. This makes some sense: if you fork out the money for a gorgeous room, the last thing you want to do is leave it to find a good cup of joe.
- Complimentary bottled water was a simple amenity that most guests would like to see.
- Wine tasting and happy hour is a fan favourite (you don’t say!)
- Interestingly enough, a lot of people snatch a magazine or book from their hotel room. We just want to ask those people: do you really need ANOTHER copy of the bible?
Check out all these stats and more in the INFOGRAPHIC below: