Each week at Embrace Disruption we introduce you to an influential person in the digital, blogger, arts, culture, film, or media world! Every Thursday, you can check back at EDPR to find out who we think is particularly amazing at ‘embracing disruption’ within their respective industries.
This week, we’d like to introduce you to Viral, Social, and Authentic Marketing (which he calls Un-Marketing) expert, Scott Stratten!
1. What’s your official job title, and where did you go to school?
Professional Ranter. Sheridan College in Oakville, ON Canada
2. Elevator pitch. Describe yourself in a nutshell (or sea shell, or
any shell for that matter).
Author, Speaker and kind of a big deal on fairly irrelevant social media
sites which inflates my self-importance.
3. Why did you pursue what you’re doing now? What was the inspiration?
Trying to stop people from being “sold” ways to market their business wrong.
Ever since I saw a friend do a cold-call immediately after he told off
someone for cold-calling him.
4. What is the best part of your day-to-day?
That I have no idea what day it is. Not looking forward to the weekend,
because every day is awesome and has it’s benefits.
5. What’s the most challenging?
That I have no idea what day it is.
6. If you took a look in the cliché crystal ball, what do you see for
Less hair, more books, three more ulcers.
7. How do you embrace disruption in your work and personal life?
Disruption is my middle name. Well, it’s William, but it’s Latin for
“disruption”. My entire being is meant to disrupt the ways people do
8. What is the most memorable moment in your career?
Seeing my first book on a store bookshelf was amazing.
9. Do you support any initiatives or charities?
No Kid Hungry (http://www.nokidhungry.org). We have too much to not give children
even a little.
10. Tell us what you see yourself doing at 65 years old.
Resenting the fact that I didn’t start a family band.
11. Just for fun: if you had to pick one app in the whole APPVERSE, what
would it be?
PokerStars. I have a problem.